Exhibitionists – to be broadcast 10.15pm, Thursday 27th June 2019, RTÉ 1.
- This documentary follows seven artists, all passionate about having their work accepted for the RHA Annual, Ireland’s most important open call show. We learn how art is helping them express themselves, find a sense of identity, manage mental health concerns, or simply giving them a reason to live.
- Produced and directed by Hilary Fennell. Bang Bang Teo for RTÉ Television.
Dermot Bannon’s USA Homes (2017) 2 x 1 hour television series.
- Ireland’s most popular TV architect Dermot Bannon visits some of the most stunning homes in New York and L.A.
- Produced by Hilary Fennell. COCO Television for RTÉ Television.
10 Things to Know About. (2016) 6 x half hour television series.
- Cutting edge developments in Irish science and technology, presented by Aoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin, Kathriona Devereux and Jonathan McCrea.
- Produced, directed and written by Hilary Fennell. New Decade TV for RTÉ Television.
Christy Moore: Journey (2016) 2 x 47 min television documentaries.
- A journey through the music and lyrics of Christy Moore, exploring the issues and people he has supported, with extensive use of archive footage.
- Archive producer Hilary Fennell. Bang Bang Teo for RTÉ Television.
Cherish All The Children (2013) 1 x 47 minute radio documentary.
- The story of the remarkable unmarried mothers who refused to give their children up for adoption and formed the groundbreaking organisation Cherish with future President of Ireland, Mary Robinson.
- Winner, New York Festivals 2014. Social Issues.
- Written, produced and presented by Hilary Fennell for Today FM funded by the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland’s Sound and Vision Scheme.
Hearing Silence (2011) 1 x 12 minute creative documentary film.
- This moving short film, about professional musician Elizabeth Petcu who is losing her hearing, explores the areas of hearing, sound and loss.
- Winner, Signal Film Festival 2012.
- Runner Up, Irish Council for Civil Liberties (ICCL) Human Rights Film Awards 2011.
- Broadcast on TV3.
- Written and directed by Hilary Fennell.
- Produced by Wildfire Films for the Irish Film Board’s Reality Bites.
One Family Stories (2010) 1 x 3 minute film.
- Single parents share the realities of parenting alone and living in a one-parent family.
- Nominee, Better Together Awards 2011.
- Written, produced and directed by Hilary Fennell for the Department of Social Protection.
Nóirín Ní Riain, Voice at the Edge (2008) 1 x 1 hour documentary film.
- A film about the personal, musical and spiritual life of the unconventional Irish singer Nóirín Ní Riain.
- Nominee, Radharc Awards 2008.
- Written and directed by Hilary Fennell.
- Produced by Belmont Productions for RTE television’s Arts Lives.
Rediscover Fashion (2008) 1 x 12 minute film.
- This film showcases three fashion designers’ innovative creations, made from recyclable materials.
- Written, produced and directed by Hilary Fennell for Dublin City Council.
The World’s Strictest Parents (2008) 1 x 1 hour factual television show.
- In this episode of the series on parenting, two unruly Australian teenagers spend time living with a traditional Irish family.
- Line produced by Hilary Fennell for The Seven Network Australia.
Hotel Ballymun (2007) 1 x 12 minute creative documentary film.
- A film about a public art project where one of the last tower blocks in Dublin’s Ballymun was turned into a short stay hotel by artist Seamus Nolan.
- Selected for the Exhibition of Visual Art in Limerick (EVA) 09.
- Written, produced and directed by Hilary Fennell for the Irish Film Board and Ballymun Regeneration.
History Revision (2005) 1 x 15 minute film.
- Inspirational music teacher Ron Cooney and his ambitious project to teach a group of school children in Ballymun to play jazz and to perform in public.
- Written, produced and directed by Hilary Fennell for Ballymun Regeneration.
Imagining Ulysses (2004) 1 x 90 minute creative documentary film.
- Divided into chapters matching the structure of James Joyce’s Ulysses, the documentary takes a theme from each chapter of the book as a starting point for short audio-visual essays.
- Winner, Best Documentary Celtic Film Festival; the Gold Hugo Award Chicago Intercom Film Festival and Best Foreign Documentary Santa Monica Film Festival. Shortlisted for The Prix Italia; the Canadian Film Board Best Feature Documentary and the Irish Film and Television Awards 2004.
- Co-produced and directed by Hilary Fennell and David Blake Knox, Blueprint Pictures for RTE television.
Ryan Confidential (2002-2004) 8 x 40 minute entertainment series, two seasons.
- Series of celebrity profiles featuring guests such as Colin Farrell, Bob Geldof and Sinéad O’Connor, hosted by Gerry Ryan.
- Nominee, Best Entertainment Series, Irish Film and Television Awards 2003.
- Produced by Hilary Fennell, Blueprint Pictures for RTE television.
Beyond The Hall Door (1998-2002) 13 x 30 minute factual series, four seasons.
- A series about interior design and architecture, the first of its kind on Irish television.
- Series produced by Hilary Fennell, Promedia for RTE television.
Cliona (1997) 3 hour daily talk radio show, broadcast from 9am until noon.
- Series produced by Hilary Fennell for Today FM.
Gerry Ryan Tonight (1997) 40 x 40 minute, live entertainment programmes.
- Live late night weekly television chat show presented by Gerry Ryan.
- Reporter and researcher Hilary Fennell for RTE television.
12 2 1 (1994-1996) 40 weeks x 1 hour live magazine series, two seasons.
- Daily lunchtime magazine television series, presented by Marty Whelan
- Reporter, film reviewer and researcher Hilary Fennell for RTE television.
Out of Site, Out of Mind (1994) 1 x 40 minute documentary programme.
- This episode of the current affairs series Tuesday File looks at the lives of a group of Irish Travellers.
- Researched and produced by Hilary Fennell, Radius TV for RTE television
We’re Here, We’re Queer, We’re Irish (1994) 1 x 40 minute documentary programme.
- This episode of the current affairs series Tuesday File follows the Irish Lesbian and Gay Organisation in its quest to march in the New York Saint Patrick’s Day Parade.
- Winner, Social Issues Award at The New York Festivals.
- Researched and produced by Hilary Fennell
- Radius TV for RTE television.
Opening Nights (1992-1994) 40 x 30 minute magazine programmes, two seasons.
- Weekly arts and entertainment television preview series.
- Presented and researched by Hilary Fennell, Radius TV for RTE television.