10 Things to Know About (2016) 6 x half hour television series
- Cutting edge developments in Irish science and technology, presented by Aoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin, Kathriona Devereux and Jonathan McCrea.
- Produced, directed and written by Hilary Fennell. New Decade TV for RTÉ Television.
Christy Moore: Journey (2016) 2 x 47 min television documentaries.
- A journey through the music and lyrics of Christy Moore, exploring the issues and people he has supported, with extensive use of archive footage.
- Archive producer Hilary Fennell. Bang Bang Teo for RTÉ Television.
Cherish All The Children (2013) 1 x 47 minute radio documentary.
- The story of the remarkable unmarried mothers who refused to give their children up for adoption and formed the groundbreaking organisation Cherish with future President of Ireland, Mary Robinson.
- Winner, New York Festivals 2014. Social Issues.
- Written, produced and presented by Hilary Fennell for Today FM funded by the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland’s Sound and Vision Scheme.
Hearing Silence (2011) 1 x 12 minute creative documentary film.
- This moving short film, about professional musician Elizabeth Petcu who is losing her hearing, explores the areas of hearing, sound and loss.
- Winner, Signal Film Festival 2012.
- Runner Up, Irish Council for Civil Liberties (ICCL) Human Rights Film Awards 2011.
- Broadcast on TV3.
- Written and directed by Hilary Fennell.
- Produced by Wildfire Films for the Irish Film Board’s Reality Bites.
One Family Stories (2010) 1 x 3 minute film.
- Single parents share the realities of parenting alone and living in a one-parent family.
- Nominee, Better Together Awards 2011.
- Written, produced and directed by Hilary Fennell for the Department of Social Protection.
Nóirín Ní Riain, Voice at the Edge (2008) 1 x 1 hour documentary film.
- A film about the personal, musical and spiritual life of the unconventional Irish singer Nóirín Ní Riain.
- Nominee, Radharc Awards 2008.
- Written and directed by Hilary Fennell.
- Produced by Belmont Productions for RTE television’s Arts Lives.
Rediscover Fashion (2008) 1 x 12 minute film.
- This film showcases three fashion designers’ innovative creations, made from recyclable materials.
- Written, produced and directed by Hilary Fennell for Dublin City Council.
The World’s Strictest Parents (2008) 1 x 1 hour factual television show.
- In this episode of the series on parenting, two unruly Australian teenagers spend time living with a traditional Irish family.
- Line produced by Hilary Fennell for The Seven Network Australia.
Hotel Ballymun (2007) 1 x 12 minute creative documentary film.
- A film about a public art project where one of the last tower blocks in Dublin’s Ballymun was turned into a short stay hotel by artist Seamus Nolan.
- Selected for the Exhibition of Visual Art in Limerick (EVA) 09.
- Written, produced and directed by Hilary Fennell for the Irish Film Board and Ballymun Regeneration.
History Revision (2005) 1 x 15 minute film.
- Inspirational music teacher Ron Cooney and his ambitious project to teach a group of school children in Ballymun to play jazz and to perform in public.
- Written, produced and directed by Hilary Fennell for Ballymun Regeneration.
Imagining Ulysses (2004) 1 x 90 minute creative documentary film.
- Divided into chapters matching the structure of James Joyce’s Ulysses, the documentary takes a theme from each chapter of the book as a starting point for short audio-visual essays.
- Winner, Best Documentary Celtic Film Festival; the Gold Hugo Award Chicago Intercom Film Festival and Best Foreign Documentary Santa Monica Film Festival. Shortlisted for The Prix Italia; the Canadian Film Board Best Feature Documentary and the Irish Film and Television Awards 2004.
- Co-produced and directed by Hilary Fennell and David Blake Knox, Blueprint Pictures for RTE television.
Ryan Confidential (2002-2004) 8 x 40 minute entertainment series, two seasons.
- Series of celebrity profiles featuring guests such as Colin Farrell, Bob Geldof and Sinéad O’Connor, hosted by Gerry Ryan.
- Nominee, Best Entertainment Series, Irish Film and Television Awards 2003.
- Produced by Hilary Fennell, Blueprint Pictures for RTE television.
Beyond The Hall Door (1998-2002) 13 x 30 minute factual series, four seasons.
- A series about interior design and architecture, the first of its kind on Irish television.
- Series produced by Hilary Fennell, Promedia for RTE television.
Cliona (1997) 3 hour daily talk radio show, broadcast from 9am until noon.
- Series produced by Hilary Fennell for Today FM.
Gerry Ryan Tonight (1997) 40 x 40 minute, live entertainment programmes.
- Live late night weekly television chat show presented by Gerry Ryan.
- Reporter and researcher Hilary Fennell for RTE television.
12 2 1 (1994-1996) 40 weeks x 1 hour live magazine series, two seasons.
- Daily lunchtime magazine television series, presented by Marty Whelan
- Reporter, film reviewer and researcher Hilary Fennell for RTE television.
Out of Site, Out of Mind (1994) 1 x 40 minute documentary programme.
- This episode of the current affairs series Tuesday File looks at the lives of a group of Irish Travellers.
- Researched and produced by Hilary Fennell, Radius TV for RTE television
We’re Here, We’re Queer, We’re Irish (1994) 1 x 40 minute documentary programme.
- This episode of the current affairs series Tuesday File follows the Irish Lesbian and Gay Organisation in its quest to march in the New York Saint Patrick’s Day Parade.
- Winner, Social Issues Award at The New York Festivals.
- Researched and produced by Hilary Fennell
- Radius TV for RTE television.
Opening Nights (1992-1994) 40 x 30 minute magazine programmes, two seasons.
- Weekly arts and entertainment television preview series.
- Presented and researched by Hilary Fennell, Radius TV for RTE television.